Yab/Yum means “Father/Mother” in Tibetan, referring to the Masculine and Feminine energies of the Universe, much like the Chinese Yang/Yin. It is also a sexual position in the Tantric tradition, in which the woman sits facing the man in sexual union, coordinating their breathing and circulating kundalini energy, creating an enlivening synergy.
Venus and Her Lover seeks to create just such a harmonious balance through its art and other projects.
The Yab/Yum Foundation for Sustainable Relationship promotes balance in all our relations.
Yab/Yum Original Tantric Art stages events, presentations, and art tours throughout the world.
As we honor and balance the Masculine and Feminine impulses within us and with all our relationships, Yab/Yum can symbolize the key to peace in our world.
Thank you for supporting this vision to the extent that you can.
THE YAB/YUM FOUNDATION
FOR SUSTAINABLE RELATIONSHIP
Yab/Yum (Tibetan for Father/Mother) represents the union between the Masculine and the Feminine. We envision a world in which people feel at peace within themselves, and this inner balance and contentment are reflected in all their relationships.
The Yab/Yum Foundation for Sustainable Relationship promotes harmonious balance between the Masculine and Feminine principles within the individual, between people, among cultures, and with the human family in its relationship with the Earth and the Kosmos.
The Yab/Yum Foundation for Sustainable Relationship fulfills its mission by
- Supporting artistic projects
- Encouraging research into our historical and archetypal identities, as well as investigation of potential ways for healing ourselves and developing sustainable solutions for living in harmony with Nature
- Creating and disseminating educational programs (exhibitions, presentations, workshops, etc.), materials (publications, art reproductions, etc.), and other tools (websites, music, video, and other media)
Within the Yab/Yum Foundation for Sustainable Relationship, and in our dealings with the world, our actions endeavor to demonstrate the following values:
- Conscious Loving
- Acceptance of diversity
- Ahimsa (non-violence)
- Integral Consciousness
The Yab Yum Foundation for Sustainable Relationship champions the following values through its projects:
- The connection between sexuality and spirituality
- Reverence for life
- Sustainable environmental practice
- Celebration of the Divine Feminine and the Divine Masculine
- Artistic Creativity
symbol for Union
THE YAB/YUM FOUNDATION FOR SUSTAINABLE RELATIONSHIP
Becca Tzigany, Managing Director • James Bertrand, Arts Director